Spiced Chocolate Molten Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Angel Brand ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Angel Brand ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling on top
Directions: Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and chocolate on low; stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- With a mixer beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the flour, ginger and cinnamon until just blended.
- Gradually mix in butter and chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to 4 greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.
Serve and enjoy!