The Best Tacos Ever
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 half small onion, chopped fine
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Angel Brand chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Angel Brand dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned or jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Taco shells, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped
cucumber, sliced avocado, sour cream, etc.
To Make Taco Meat:
- In a large skillet, turn the stove to medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook until soft (4 minutes). Next, add garlic and spices (chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, cayenne and salt). Stir constantly about 1 minute.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir into the ground beef mixture: tomato sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Simmer, not covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Include this in your favorite taco shells or flour tortillas and top with
*Adapted from America’s Test Kitchens