Tomato Meat Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons Angel Brand dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand oregano
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Angel Brand black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté chopped onion in 2 tbsp olive oil for 5 minutes until slightly translucent. Add minced garlic and cook one more min.
- Add sausage and ground beef and cook until browned (breaking up the sausage). Drain meat.
- Back on heat, Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce. Season with sugar, dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, pepper, fresh parsley. Stir. Cover.
- Simmer this sauce for at least 1.5-2 hours. Stirring occasionally.