Tomato Meat Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 teaspoons Angel Brand dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand oregano
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand dried parsley
- 5 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Angel Brand black
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté onion in 2 tbsp olive oil for 5 minutes until slightly translucent. Add garlic and cook one more min.
- Add sausage and ground beef and cook until browned (breaking up the sausage). Drain meat.
- Back on heat Stir in crushed tomatoes, paste, and sauce. Season with sugar, dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, pepper, fresh parsley. Stir.
- Simmer this sauce for at least 1.5-2 hours. Stirring occasionally.