Spiced Apple Rum Cake Dessert
Spiced Apple Rum Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling over cake
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican Appleton Rum
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Angel Brand cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Angel Brand nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar (optional), for decorating cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Grease a 9-inch springform or regular cake pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. If using a regular cake pan, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and grease again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, Angel Brand Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
- Using a handheld mixer with beaters or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and rum.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
Adapted from Once upon achef