Turkey and Spinach Taquitos
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Angel Brand cumin
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand coriander
- 2 packed cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (8 oz.)
- 16 corn tortillas
- olive oil for brushing on the taquitos
Serving suggestions: salsa and/or sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven medium-hight heat. Add the onions, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey cumin and coriander and continue cooking until turkey is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until spinach is just wilted, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the black beans. Mash beans with the back of a fork and then mix in mascarpone cheese.
- Add bean and cheese mixture to the meat mixture and let stand.
- Meanwhile brush corn tortillas with olive oil and then warm them in medium heat skillet 3 at a time for about 2 minutes a side.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of filling onto the middle of each tortilla. Roll up taquito and place them seam side down on baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes, until taquitos are lightly golden brown.
*Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis