Stuffed Red Peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 minced scallions, white and green parts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Angel Brand Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Angel Brand Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Angel Brand Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Angel Brand Dried Parsley
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 5 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3-4 red or yellow peppers sliced in half and seeded
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, crumbling it with a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it’s completely browned.
- Stir in the scallions, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the panko crumbs, stirring to combine with the other ingredients.
- Finally, swirl in the mascarpone and continue cooking until the mascarpone has melted and made the mixture creamy.
- Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan and fresh parsley and season to taste. Cool slightly.
- Slice Peppers in half and remove seeds
- Fill each pepper generously with the sausage mixture. Arrange the peppers in a single layer on a baking sheet and Bake for 50 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and crusty.