- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Angel Brand fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In Medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar about 3 min. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and lemon juice.
- Add in dry ingredients and milk alternating between the two.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tins until full and sprinkle with Turbino sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes and let cool before handling.
Adapted from Once Upon a Chef.