Mimi's Apple Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Angel Brand nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple sliced thin and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs slightly; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in Apples.
- Heat griddle to medium heat and brush lightly with butter or oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter at a time to form round pancakes.
- Cook until bubbly and bubbles begin to burst. Use spatula to flip and cook pancakes for 2 more minutes.
- Enjoy with butter and syrup!