Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast
Oatmeal and the sweet spice of cinnamon just go together. We use whole cinnamon sticks to better infuse our oats. While powdered cinnamon gives a more obvious flavor, cinnamon sticks create a well-balanced recipe.
- ½ cup rolled old fashioned oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Angel Brand cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon Angel Brand cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Angel Brand fresh grated nutmeg
- brown sugar or honey
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the oats.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats are soft and have absorbed most of the liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and sprinkle with brown sugar or honey.