Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- 12 bone in, skin on chicken drumsticks
- 1-2 teaspoon salt divided
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Angel Brand paprika
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand ginger powder
- 1½ c barbecue sauce divided
- vegetable oil spray
- Rinse off drumsticks and pat dry. Then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper .
- Combine your sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and the rest of your seasonings and spices.
- Pour seasonings into a gallon sized baggie and place your chicken in the bag a few pieces at a time. Close the bag and shake to coat.
- Place your coated chicken in your slow cooker (it is okay to overlap.)
- Drizzle ½ c barbecue sauce over the chicken and toss to coat them evenly.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until your chicken is tender. Give it a stir every now and again.
- Place your oven rack 10 inches from your broiler element and turn on your broiler.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush ½ c barbecue sauce on chicken and broil 2 minutes (watch closely so you don’t burn the chicken)
- Turn chicken legs to opposite side and brush with ½ c barbecue sauce and broil for additional 2 minutes until second side is crisp and slightly charred.