Roasted Salsa Sides
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into ½-inch wedges
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Angel Brand ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Angel Brand onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Angel Brand garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Angel Brand cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss the tomatoes, onions, and garlic with the vegetable oil directly on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until softened and charred, 12 to15 minutes (if the vegetables are browning too quickly, give them a quick stir with a rubber spatula). Transfer the vegetables and juices to a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and pulse until just slightly chunky. Add the cilantro and pulse until the cilantro is chopped.