- 2 cups Angel Brand dried sorrel buds (aka Hibiscus or Zobo)
- 1 cup pineapple wedges
- 1 cup orange slices (be sure to remove all seeds as this can make the drink bitter)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 10 Angel Brand whole cloves
- 1 Angel Brand cinnamon stick
- 10 cups boiling hot water
- ½ cup maple syrup, honey, or Sugar
- Rum (optional)
- Add dried sorrel, orange slices, pineapple slices, grated ginger, whole cloves, and cinnamon stick to a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the mixture and stir.
- Add sweetener and stir to combine.
- Let steep for 30 min.
- Strain sorrel mixture into large pitcher and discard particles. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve chilled with ice. Optional Add some Jamaican Appleton rum!