Banana Bread Dessert
Aunt Coco’s Banana Bread Recipe
- 2-3 large bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Angel Brand Ground Nutmeg or Grated Nutmeg
- Mash bananas and add to small bowl. Add baking soda and milk to bowl; let stand.
- Using a mixer, blend butter and sugar until combined. about 2 min.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix for 1 min more.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer and mix until just incorporated. (don’t overmix!)
- Add in banana mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes.
- Check with toothpick to see if it’s done – it will be lightly brown, and the toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan.