Crockpot Italian Meatballs
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- ⅓ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Angel Brand dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Angel Brand paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoons Angel Brand black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
For the Sauce:
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand oregano
- ½ teaspoon Angel Brand dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoons Angel Brand black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a bowl. form 20-24 meatballs. Place uncooked meatballs in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour can of crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste over meatballs. Combine all spices in a small bowl. Pour over meatballs and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta.