Jamaican Sorrel Drink Recipe
- 2 cups dried Angel Brand sorrel buds
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 8 Angel Brand allspice berries, (pimento)
- 5 Angel Brand whole cloves
- 10 cups boiling hot water
- 1 cup honey or simple syrup or maple syrup
- Place dried sorrel, grated ginger, sliced orange, sliced lime, allspice berries, and whole cloves in a large pot.
- Bring 10 cups of fresh water to a boil.
- Gently pour boiled water into pot of sorrel mixture.
- Remove from the heat and allow the sorrel to steep for 2 hours.
- Strain the sorrel using a fine mesh strainer.
- Add sweetener of choice.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to cool and enjoy!